Going through a divorce in the Denver area? Let the Skinner Realty team handle the sale of your home.
You can click here to get an estimate on your home’s value.
We can get your home sold quickly, and give you one less thing to worry about. We also understand that confidentiality and compassion are often what sellers in your situation are very concerned with. We understand!
What we do for all sellers:
1. Pre-listing inspection. A pre-listing inspection by a certified home inspector gives us a huge advantage over the competition and encourages buyers to make offers early and to bid high! Think of it this way – we have an inspection done with a written report, that comes with a 90-day home warranty! Anything that’s noted in the report is either repaired before listing or disclosed to potential buyers so they know exactly what they’re buying. This way, when the buyers have their own inspection done (and sometimes they skip it and just use our report) there shouldn’t be any unpleasant surprises that come up AND we can tell the buyers that the home is being sold “as is.”
2. Sewer Scope. This can be a costly and very unexpected problem when your buyers find there’s a problem with your sewer line. Skinner Realty hires professionals (who only do testing, no repairs) who provide a written and video report on the condition of your sewer line. One less thing your buyers have to worry about!
3. Radon Test. Buyers are requesting radon tests again and similar to the 1st 2 we have listed here, it can be a costly and unpleasant surprise to have this come up while you’re under contract with buyers. Assuming the test comes back with what the EPA considers acceptable levels of radon, we can show buyers our test results and reassure them that your home is the one to buy.
4. 13 month Home Warranty. We provide your buyers with a 13-month home warranty which gives them yet another reason to bid on your home with confidence!
5. Professional Staging. This is another important aspect to selling a home quickly and for top dollar. According to the National Association of Realtors, a home that is properly staged can get 8-10% higher returns than a home that isn’t staged.
6. Professional Photography. Over 90% of today’s home buyers start their search online. When they see your amazing home, professionally staged and photographed, they will be more anxious than ever to see your home. Too many real estate agents are skipping this important step because they think it isn’t necessary in this hot Denver market. Professionally photographed homes get 61% more viewings online. The first thing the buyers look at are the pictures! Studies have shown that homes that are professionally photographed sell 50% faster than homes that aren’t and garner 47% more per square foot than the agent who refuses to hire a professional photographer.
7. Answering service that sets showings. We need to get people into your home and the best way to do that is hire an answering service. The service we use screens real estate agents to make sure they’re licensed and allows them to set showings both online and over the phone. They can alert you to showings via text or phone call.
8. Extensive marketing. We love marketing! And it shows! Of course your home will be listed on the mls where it has the greatest chance of exposure and this syndicates your listing to thousands and thousands of websites available worldwide. We also advertise your home exclusively on this website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, through Google and Bing ads, and you’ll get a website devoted solely to your listing. Plus we visit each home in your neighborhood beforehand to let everyone know your home will soon be listed, in case they may know of someone looking to buy in your neighborhood.
9. Top Notch Negotiation. We believe that negotiation is part of the entire process – the fact we have someone answering phone calls, text messages, and emails whenever someone calls about your home is key to getting your home sold. The way your home is presented is part of the negotiation process. This market is tilted so heavily in favor of the sellers that Skinner Realty takes complete advantage of that when it comes to setting terms for buyers. We aren’t afraid to get tough. We don’t just want a high dollar outcome for your home sale, we insist on extremely well qualified buyers who are willing to abide by the terms we demand.
Interested in how professional photos and staging can make your home the most sought after in the area? Click here to see the work in one of our recent listings. (Which, by the way, sold for 10% above average and closed in 32% faster than the average home.)
“Wanted to express our thanks for doing such a great job in selling the Town Home. We greatly appreciate you putting in the extra effort to get this sale closed!” Diane, Daniel and Dan
“I first heard about Skinner Realty from Beth’s mother, who just happens to live on the same street as my mothers house. I called Beth in August explained our situation and needed advice about selling the house. I asked if she would be interested in listing it, she never hesitated. The following Saturday we met and discussed what it would take to put the house on the market. I was very pleased with her enthusiasm and her energenic personality. She informed me she knew the area very well and there shouldn’t be any problem selling the house. Beth has kept in contact by phone or visiting us while we did our cleanup and preparations for the sale. Well she was right we had three offers in just four days after listing. I am very glad to have Beth as our Realtor, she has walked us through all the formalities, paper work signing, etc. Lots of things have changed since I last bought or sold a house. I would recommend Beth to anyone looking to sell or buy. I couldn’t be more pleased.” Ed Goodhue