Christmas Stocking Drive For Vets and Troops
For the third year in a row, we’ve partnered with Soldier’s Angels to collect Christmas stockings filled with goodies for homeless/hospitalized vets and deployed troops. We’re doubling our goal this year and want to collect 200 stockings!
Stockings are due by December 10.
Here’s what you need to do:
Get a Christmas stocking and a card or note and fill it with the following:
* Slim Jims or Beef Jerky
* Packages of Holiday nuts
* Single serving drink mix packets (i.e. Crystal Light)
* Playing cards
* Puzzle book (Crosswords, Sudoku, Word Find)
* Holiday themed writing pens or pencil
* Holiday candy (in sealed wrapping or small unopened bags)
* Candy Canes
* Peanut Brittle
* Travel sized games
* Card games (Uno, Phase 10)
* Stress balls (holiday-themed preferred)
* Gloves (preferably black; winter; one size fits all)
* Single serving cookie packages
* Apple cider packets
* Hot chocolate
* Small notepads
* Holiday-themed lip balm (wrapping and scent)
* Caps (warm winter)
* Other holiday-themed items
NO GLASS (containers, ornaments, etc)
NO SHARP OBJECTS (safety pins, razors)
NO PRODUCTS CONTAINING ALCOHOL (some mouthwash, hand sanitizer, some colognes)
And we have a different requirement this year! We’ll need you to secure the stocking on top with a large rubber band, or a huge clip, or shoelaces threaded through the top, but no safety pins.
Contact us to get the drop off address or we can come and pick up stockings from you! Just let us know.